if you want to download GTA San Andreas, one of Rockstar Games’ most successful open world games, it’s good to know which platforms the title is available on. It can be found on computers with Windowsconsoles Xbox one, Xbox Series X|S, Playstation 4, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch and smartphones with iOS and android.
After the release of the remaster Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition, the classic versions of the games have been pulled from stores and can only be obtained in a pack sold on the Rockstar Games store, however, only for PC. On consoles, the only option is the collection.
How to download GTA San Andreas on PC
Download the classic version from the Rockstar Games store
Download the Definitive Edition from the Rockstar Games store
- Access to Rockstar Games store and login;
- Buy GTA: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition to your account;
- Open the Rockstar Games Launcher application on your computer and install the game.
It is important to point out that the Definitive Edition PC can only be purchased from the publisher’s store. These are the minimum and recommended specs to download and run GTA San Andreas on Windows:
|Settings||Minimum requirements||recommended requirements|
|Operational system||Windows 10 64-bit||Windows 10 64-bit|
|Processor||Intel® Core™ i5-6600K / AMD FX-6300||Intel® Core™ i7-2700K / AMD Ryzen 5 2600|
|Memory||8 GB||16 GB|
|Graphic||Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 2GB / AMD Radeon R9 280 3GB||Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 4GB / AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB|
|Storage||45 GB||45 GB|
Playing GTA San Andreas on console
Download on PS4 and PS5
- Access to PlayStation digital store and log into your PSN account;
- put the GTA: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition in your cart;
- Pay the way you want;
- Access your PS4 or PS5 console and install the game;
- You can also access the PS Store and buy the game directly from the console.
Download on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S
- Access to Xbox store and log in to your account;
- Click on the “Buy” button to purchase the title for your account;
- Access your Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S console and install the game;
- You can also access the Xbox store from the console itself.
Installing on Nintendo Switch
- Access to Nintendo digital store and log in to your account;
- Buy Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition clicking the red “Direct Download” button;
- Then the game will be installed on the Switch linked to your account;
- You can also access the Nintendo eShop from the console itself.
Download GTA San Andreas on mobile
If you use iOS
- Access the title by App Store;
- make the purchase of GTA San Andreas (only US accounts) and install the game;
- You can also purchase it directly from the App Store app on your device.
If you use Android
- Open the game page by Play Store;
- Buy GTA San Andreas and install it on your device;
- You can also buy the game directly from the Google Play Store app.
What changes between the original GTA San Andreas and the Definitive Edition?
Rockstar Games guarantees that many changes took place in the remaster released in 2021. The visual part, for example, received a new lighting system with shadows and reflections in the final version. Already the performance offers options of 30 FPS and 60 FPS. In the original, the gameplay is exclusively at 30 frames per second.
Even the controls have been changed, becoming more like what is offered in GTA V.
The original version came in 2004 for Windows, PS2 and the first Xbox. the collection GTA: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition arrived in 2021 for PC, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4 and PS5.
Not. Rockstar Games makes both the classic version and the remaster available only as part of the collections.