During the presentation that took place on Tuesday (18), Apple announced the next generation of its entry-level iPad. The tablet will have the A14 Bionic processor, a 10.9-inch screen and USB-C port. The new design features four colors in a more modern style. The suggested price of the gadget in the United States starts from US$ 449.
What’s New in the New 10th Gen iPad?
Apple decided to tinker more with the design of the gadget in this generation. There are four colors available: blue, pink, yellow and silver. In this way, as the button on the front was removed, the device was much closer to the Air and Pro.
Of course, we are talking about a basic tablet, which does not reach the performance of its more expensive models, however, what was presented is an interesting item.
Apple decided to use its 5nm chip, the A14 Bionic, to power the 10th generation iPad. This means that an improvement in performance compared to the previous generation will be noticeable. It is worth mentioning that this addition will make the tablet the most powerful among all the gateway options on the market.
Another welcome feature is the use of the 5G connection, a leap from the 9th generation. Wi-Fi 6 is also a novelty awaited by fans, as it offers greater speed on the network. In addition, a USB-C input will also make the joy of those who can’t stand the Lightning port of previous models.
The cameras didn’t get much attention from Apple this time around. The company’s entry-level tablet will keep the 12 MP on the front of the previous generation in a single lens, but with an ultra wide version. The rear will also continue with 12 megapixels, ensuring 4K videos.
price and availability
In Brazil, the device has not yet been approved, however we already have official prices here. The 10th generation iPad has models with different levels of storage and cellular network capability.
|WiFi 64 GB||BRL 5,299|
|WiFi 256 GB||BRL 6,899|
|WiFi + Cellular 64GB||BRL 6,899|
|WiFi + Cellular 256 GB||BRL 8,499|
Apple iPad 10th generation – datasheet
- Screen: 10.9 inch Liquid Retina
- Resolution: 2360 x 1640 pixels
- Processor: Apple A14 Bionic
- Storage: 64GB and 256GB
- Sensors: Touch ID, accelerometer, barometer, ambient light sensor, three-axis gyroscope
- Front camera: 12 MP horizontal ultra-wide, 122° viewing angle, ƒ/2.4 aperture, 1080p HD video recording at 25 fps, 30 fps or 60 fps
- Rear camera: 12 MP wide-angle, ƒ/1.8 aperture, 4K video recording at 24 fps, 25 fps, 30 fps or 60 fps
- Operating System: iPadOS 16 at launch
- Connectivity: 5G, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2
- Port: USB-C
- Dimensions: 248.6mm x 179.5mm x 7mm
- Weight: 477 grams for the Wi-Fi model, 481 grams for the Wi-Fi + Cellular model
With information: apple.