Limit app usage time It’s a good way to stay focused. Through Digital Well-being, users of android phones can activate an app timer or focus mode to reduce access to social networks. Find out how to use the resources in the following lines.
Digital Wellbeing has been around since Android 9 (Pie) and is natively available on mobiles to limit mobile usage time. And the use is simple: just go to Android settings to restrict access time to an app. Find out how below:
Before proceeding to the procedure, it is important to note that this step-by-step was done on a Samsung Galaxy M30 with Android 10. The instructions, however, do not change much in relation to other smartphones, since it is a native feature of the system.
Ready! The timer is activated!
How to cancel the time limitation
There are two alternatives to cancel the time limitation. The easiest is to tap the restricted app icon and change the timer. But you can also make this change through Android settings:
- Open system settings;
- Tap “Digital Wellbeing and Parental Controls”;
- Go to “App Timers”;
- Click on the hourglass icon next to the app that is restricted;
- Increase the time to be limited or press the “Discard” button to cancel it.
How to find out how many notifications I received from an app
In addition to putting a block on apps, Digital Wellbeing also provides a notification counter. So you can check how many alerts an app has sent you throughout the day. Learn how to check the following indicator:
- Open Android settings;
- Go to the “Digital Wellbeing and Parental Controls” option;
- Go to “App Timers”;
- Choose an application;
- Further down, check the graphs with the times an app issued notifications or was opened.
Focus mode to limit the use of social networks or apps
You can also create a focus mode to restrict which apps can be accessed during a certain period. The function helps you to ensure more concentration at work or simply when you want to do a digital detox. Find out how to enable it below:
- Go to Android settings;
- Choose the “Digital Wellbeing and Parental Controls” option;
- In the “Focus Mode” section, choose one of the available options – in this walkthrough, we will use “Time for me”;
- Press the “Start” button;
- Choose the apps you want to keep access during hover mode;
- Below, under duration, you can also choose how long the focus mode will last;
- When the selection is complete, tap “Start”.
Okay, focus mode is active on your phone. To turn it off, just go to notifications and tap on the alert titled “Focus Mode”. Then, just press the “End Focus Mode” button.
How to activate the blue light filter
The blue filter is another alternative to guarantee a little more quality of life. The solution restricts the emission of blue light from the screen, which can impair the quality of sleep if you use your cell phone at night. And the good news is that Android also brings a option to enable blue light filter on your smartphone.
How to know Android battery life
The battery is one of the components that degrade the most in a cell phone. During use, the piece ceases to offer the same performance over the years. But you can check the battery life of your android smartphone natively, without relying on third-party apps.