The name dell makes us think of notebooks, desktops and servers. But the company has other products, including for very specific niches. An example is the Latitude 7230 Rugged Extreme🇧🇷 Recently launched in Brazil, the device is a tablet developed for withstand extreme conditions🇧🇷
Understand as an extreme condition any situation of use capable of causing damage to a conventional tablet. Examples: mining activities, rescue and salvage operations, factories with low or high temperature environments, and sporting challenges (such as trails).
To withstand circumstances like these, the Latitude 7230 Rugged Extreme has been equipped with an impact-resistant 12-inch display. The component also has a brightness of 1,200 nits to be visible even in direct sunlight.
As the tablet can be used by mountaineers or firefighters, for example, the screen was also prepared to recognize touches with the use of gloves.
The aspect of robustness is noticeable when we look at the body of the device. The tablet has a robust structure, which protects it from drops of up to 1.2 m or extreme temperatures: down to -29ºC on one side, up to 63ºC on the other.
Still on the resistance factor, the Latitude 7230 Rugged Extreme has an IP65 rating, which attests to high protection against dust and intense water flow. Military standard MIL-STD-810H certification also underscores the equipment’s robustness.
All these features allow the tablet to withstand even a bear attack, says Dell.
What tablet is inside?
For starters, the Latitude 7230 Rugged Extreme can be equipped with an Intel Core i3-1210U, i5-1240U or i7-1260U processor. All are 12th generation and have low power consumption.
The RAM can reach 32GB of LPDDR5, while the storage ranges from 256GB to 1TB. The battery has 35.6 Wh.
Due to its generous thickness — 23.9 mm —, the tablet houses a good amount of connections on its sides. Here we find two USB-C ports with Thunderbolt 4 and a USB 3.2 type A port. In a module next to the latter, it is possible to choose another port of the type or an HDMI 2.0 connection.
Based on this hardware, you might have already figured out that the Latitude 7230 Rugged Extreme is a tablet PC. Not by chance, its operating system is Windows 10 or 11. The product even has an attachable keyboard that turns it into a notebook.
Other features include a 5-megapixel front camera, an 11-megapixel rear camera — both with 1080p video — 6E Wi-Fi and an LTE or 5G modem. The tablet also has physical buttons on the front for brightness, volume and shortcuts.
Availability in Brazil
The Latitude 7230 Rugged Extreme already appears on Dell’s Brazilian website, but cannot be purchased there. The product page informs that the purchase must be made via chat, WhatsApp or telephone 0800.
Dell did not provide prices for the equipment. O Technoblog contacted the company asking for this information. If we get feedback, we’ll update this text to include the values.
Dell Latitude 7230 Rugged Extreme — data sheet
- Screen: 12 inches, 1920×1200 pixels, 60 Hz, anti-glare, 1200 nits, technology unknown
- Processor: Intel Core i3-1210U, i5-1240U or i7-1260U with 9 W
- RAM: 8, 16 or 32 GB of 5200 MHz LPDDR5
- Storage: SSD M.2 2230 256 GB, 512 GB or 1 TB
- Drums: 35.6 Wh (two cells)
- connectivity: USB-C with Thunderbolt 4 (2), USB 3.2 Type-A (1), optional HDMI 2.0 / USB 3.2, optional Ethernet / USB 3.0 / RS-232, headphone and microphone connection
- wireless connectivity: Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth 5.2 with Intel AX211 chip or 5.3 for Qualcomm WCN6856-DBS, LTE or 5G, optional nano-SIM
- Sensors: brightness, gyroscope, compass, proximity
- cameras: optional 5 megapixel front and 11 megapixel rear
- Others: microSD reader, two 2W speakers, security lock slot, MIL-STD-810H standard, IP65 certified
- Operational system: Windows 10 or Windows 11
- dimensions: 296 x 203 x 23.9 mm
- Weight: from 1.26 to 1.59 kg